Thursday, January 15

When The Heart Cries…


You wake up one morning and you know it wouldn’t be as good as it was a week ago…the reason…you lost him or you lost her...

Maybe, you’re right. It’s hard for “us” to relate with “your” world. We cannot exactly feel how you feel or say, “we know what you’re going through,” because no one does except you. For sure, no words can comfort you at all. No stories can make you feel better now. Seeing familiar places may hurt you more…or just listening to familiar songs may get you more nostalgic…how much much more remembering him or her?

It’s really bad to be in this circumstance, right? I have my own feeling of how “tough” it is to be there, but I know I can’t contain the feeling of pain that you have in your heart right now. I may not know the exact feeling, but I can try to understand, if you let me.

Hey, I think it’s okay to cry…cry out loud…cry out some more…let those pillows get wet every night…let those tears somehow wash away your pain. You will feel better after you’ve cried enough. But when is crying enough? It’s up to you. It’s you and your heart who can say when and how much you want to cry.

When your heat is badly broken, you feel it was shattered into tiny pieces and wanting to explode, right? Maybe you wished you will just vanish into thin air and forget about everything. Maybe you wished. Maybe I would wish the same, too. Or maybe, we all would wish the same thing.

But things aren’t that way in the real world. And for sure, He wouldn’t want us to act that way, either. We have to go beyond the event and understand the reason why it has to happen.Everything happens for a reason, right? Then, for sure, this one has too!
I know it’s easy for me to say this because I’m not in your shoes right now and I don’t feel your pain. You’re right! But would you want to wear that same shoes for too long? When would be the right time to decide changing shoes? It’s too early I guess to say, “forget about the whole thing and move on with your life!” I wouldn’t tell you to do that. There’s a lot of things to be learned in here if you just open your heart and let your mind speak up for yourself too.

Lesson one, maybe…this is just a test of how strong your relationship can be…how far can both of you go and save the love…is it worth saving?…is love too strong to keep it intact? They say, love is sweeter the second time around. Maybe.

Lesson two, maybe…one of you needs to grow apart from each other. Probably, you have shared what you need to share to that soul, and its time now to spread your wings and take another journey. Or it could be another way? Maybe, he needs to try his wings and learn how to fly up there all by himself.

Lesson three, maybe…either soul has outgrown the routines of love. It just came to a point when love has gone down and the hearts have become too expectant of each other…that when expectations are not met somehow, one feels, love has diminished to some extent. So probably, time to change strategy…make surprises…change love? I don’t know.

Lesson four, maybe…it really has to be that way. That simple! So you just have to bear with it and remain strong. For after you’ve gone through it, you’ll be happy to say, “Once I have loved and lost, and it hurt me. But I have learned my lesson. Now, I survived it, and I’m glad…Now I won’t be scared to love again and learn more until I find the one God has destined for me.”

So the next time your heart cries, don’t just let the tears flow…listen to what it tells you.

from Spice & Chills Strongbox…2003 ed. Vol. 11

No comments: