Thursday, January 15

Matters of Consequence…

x
“ I know a planet where there is a certain red-faced gentleman. He has never smelled a flower. He has never looked at a star. He has never loved any one. He has never done anything in his life but add up figures. And all day he says over and over, just like you: ‘I am busy with matters of consequence!’ And that makes him swell up with pride. But he is not a man—he is a mushroom!”
-The Little Prince


I wonder if people look up the sky with such amazement as I do. Ever noticed how clouds are perfectly painted on that very wide expanse of space? It’s amazing, right? Is it not a matter of consequence to try to understand why the sky is so high and exudes so much hope to those who gaze below it? No doubt, the sky is like a vault of heaven intended for us—humans—to wonder at and look for hope. The hope that gives life to the flowers and the birds in the sky. The hope that can make a blind man sing with unconditional joy. The hope that can free a soul from the bondage of desperation. The hope that brings new perspective and allows dreams and wishes to come true.

Lately, I’ve been busy thinking with matters of consequence. Maybe, like any other grown-ups who always mix everything up together and confuse everything, I am busy with things that I believe are important to me—dreaming and dreaming and dreaming a lot. Call me crazy though, because I don’t exactly know what I want, where I should be or what I see myself to be. There is this feeling of wanting for more, of giving another best shot, of harnessing what I believe is there to cultivate, of taking risk, of learning more. There are a lot of things I want to do... there is my passion to publish and author a book... there is my vision of seeing myself as a great speaker and trainer... there is my hallucination of being a psychologist... …there is my hidden cry to become a nun... there is my desire to be like Ally Mcbeal, the lawyer... there is my fervent prayer of becoming an angel in heaven. So many things I want, so many dreams I wish. Thank God, dreams and wishes are freely given because somehow, I was energized to dream some more and hope for more. That too led me to think of how my passion for writing could color many dreams and bring the sky closer to many hopeful souls scattering everywhere in the world.

Yes, spice&chills strongbox is my idea of a place where uncommon thoughts are encouraged….peculiar ideas are recognized…and ordinary minds are metamorphosed into profound senses. I’d like to think this place as a place where imagination becomes spontaneous and creativity becomes the spice and chills of our ordinary existence. I am sure as you to start to explore the uncommon world within you and learn to energize your creative peculiarity, my strongbox will ultimately become your strongbox too. This is a place for people who are brave enough to surrender to their passions…people who are strong enough to create radical changes and withstand major transitions in life…and people who can decide when and where they want to put their own hole in the sky. Yes, I am dreamer, and I will forever be a dreamer. I urged you to become one, too, for being a dreamer doesn’t hurt at all.

In my lifetime, I dream a lot. And I usually transcribe those dreams in writing. I may had exerted an ordinary effort, or spent an ordinary time, or found an ordinary place, or make friends with ordinary people, yet the learning I’ve had weren’t ordinary at all. Ordinary happening becomes a matter of consequence if you put your heart on it. As the fox said to the Little Prince… ‘Only through the heart that one can see rightly.’ I know, every ordinary moment taking place in my life has a matter of consequence to where I am now and where I should be in the future.

(Remember, every time you raise your head up high in the sky; be filled with so much hope. For in every hope that you hope, you are creating a hole of hope in the sky …and that can keep you going.)


from Spice & Chills Strongbox…2003 ed. Vol. 1 June 2003

No comments: