Tuesday, June 15

Land of Haste...

I was browsing my old files, and i found this piece...i wrote this when i was just starting my new life in this new place. I didn't know the "Land of Haste" i used to call, would be my new found home. I'm glad not only I've come to learn the rules in this land, but also I've learn to found love in this place.

Land of Haste...

I was only here in this new place for a week but it seems like I was cruising an eternity of haste. “Culture shock” may be a strong term to describe what I was undergoing, but somehow some events caught me unprepared, which undeniably gave a “little shock on my nerves.” This kind of ‘rush life’ is never new for most people here. But if you are a “fragile soul” and are used to a serene, organized way of living, then you will be like “a hermit being deprived of your seclusion and thrown in the middle of the noisy and crowded world.”

But there’s nothing wrong about living a “rush life”. In fact, it amazed me to see how these people could thrive in this defiled, busy, and crowded environment. Or how these people--young and old alike--run after buses as they commute everyday and cross the speedy express ways and skyways. Or how these people endure outrageous traffic jams everywhere on the streets and tolerate the smokes and gases emitted on air. Or how these people ordinarily anticipate floods when it rains. Or how these people amazingly survive in this “land of haste.”

There are actually a lot of things in here that I, and probably, some of you out there, would not dare doing or would not bear undergoing! Surviving is never easy in this land of haste, much more, to survive with every piece of your heart, mind and soul still intact. Probably reason why, toughness rather than tenderness sparks from these people. Everything ,whether how tough it is, they do just to survive gracefully in this land of haste.

But despite of its negative side, it is still exhilarating to know a world like this exists. I knew it does but I never actually realize it would be like this. Certainly things didn’t happen overnight for these people. They must have undergone tough moments as well as long and arduous adjustment period before they finally set their nerves in place.

Finally, here’s another lesson I got in here:

“Life is a battlefield and every man is a soldier. If you are weak, you die, if you are strong, you survive. And the strong should command, should lead, should dominate.”

Hopefully, I’ll soon learn the rules in this land of haste.


No comments: